CONTEST RUNS FEBRUARY 20th – MARCH 2nd
Calgary’s X92.9FM and The Locked Room present:
“THE LOCKED BOX”
WIN $500 CASH + A FULL FACILITY RENTAL BY SOLVING 9 CLUES
Tune in every weekday morning from February 20 to March 2 to the X-morning show for a new clue (also released on this page daily at 8am).
To celebrate 4 years of Locked Room fun, we’ve hidden a box somewhere in YYC that contains $500 and a full facility rental package to The Locked Room!
Tune into X-Mornings for a daily clue on where to find the box – you’ll also have a chance to call in and win a 4-player admission pass to The Locked Room.
GOOD LOCK EVERYONE!
THIS IS WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR
It will be hidden in an open public space in plain sight within the borders of Calgary Alberta.
No digging, climbing or trespassing on private property is required.
GENERAL LOCKED BOX SEARCHING GUIDELINES
Looking to hone your puzzle solving skills for the treasure hunt?
CONTEST TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- THE LOCKED BOX WILL BE HIDDEN WITHIN CALGARY CITY LIMITS & ACCESSIBLE STARTING FEBRUARY 20TH, 2018.
- THE LOCKED BOX WILL BE IN PLAIN SIGHT IN A PUBLICLY ACCESSIBLE AREA.
- DO NOT DISRUPT BUSINESS, RESIDENCES OR ENTER BUILDINGS IN SEARCH FOR THE LOCKED BOX. THE LOCKED BOX IS NOT IN A BUILDING AND IS LOCATED OUTSIDE.
- BE MINDFUL OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS AND DO NOT DEFACE PUBLIC PROPERTY – NO DIGGING IS NECESSARY – THE LOCKED BOX IS LOCATED IN PLAIN SIGHT AND IS EASILY ACCESSIBLE.
- THE CONTEST WILL RUN UNTIL THE LOCKED BOX HAS BEEN OPENED BY A CONTESTANT.
- NEW CLUES WILL BE RELEASED AT 8:00AM ON THE LOCKED ROOM CONTEST PAGE WEEKDAYS FROM FEBRUARY 20TH UNTIL MARCH 2ND.
- THE CLUES WILL ALSO BE MENTIONED ON AIR DURING THE X-MORNINGS SHOW BETWEEN 8:00AM AND 10:00AM.
- THERE WILL BE A TOTAL OF ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE AWARDED BY THE CONTEST JUDGES. GRAND PRIZE CONSISTS OF ONE (1) $500 CASH PRIZE AND ONE (1) FULL WEEKDAY FACILITY RENTAL PACKAGE AT A CALGARY LOCKED ROOM FACILITY. THE PRIZE WILL BE AWARDED TO ONE (1) SINGLE CONTEST PARTICIPANT. TOTAL RETAIL VALUE OF THE GRAND PRIZE PACKAGE IS $1099 CAD. CHANCES OF WINNING DEPEND ON THE NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS PLAYING THE CONTEST AND THE SKILL OF THE PARTICIPANTS TO DECIPHER THE LOCKED BOX CLUES.
- THE FIRST CONTEST PARTICIPANT TO OPEN THE HIDDEN LOCKED BOX AND CONTACT THE LOCKED ROOM WITH THE CONTENTS OF THE LOCKED BOX WILL BE DEEMED THE WINNER OF THE GRAND PRIZE. THE LOCKED BOX CONTEST WILL END AS SOON AS THE GRAND PRIZE IS CLAIMED.
- THE DECISIONS OF THE CONTEST JUDGES ARE FINAL. In the event of a conflict between the rules and any instructions or interpretation of these rules given by a The Locked Room LTD. employee regarding a Contest, these rules shall prevail.
- THE LOCKED BOX DOES NOT CONTAIN ACTUAL CASH OR PASSES. THE CONTEST WINNER MUST PHYSICALLY PICK UP THEIR CASH PRIZE AND FACILITY RENTAL PASS AT THE LOCKED ROOM’S HEAD OFFICE LOCATION.
- NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. No purchase is required to enter a Locked Room LTD. contest.
- CONTEST PERIOD. The contest will begin on February 20th, 2018 and will end once a winner has been selected.
- ELIGIBILITY. The Contest is open to all legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec. Notwithstanding the above, the Contest is not open to individuals associated with the Contest, including employees, agents or representatives of The Locked Room LTD. (including its respective divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising or promotional agencies) and suppliers providing prizes or other material or services in connection with this Contest (collectively, the “Excluded Individuals”). This Contest is also not open to the immediate family members of the Excluded Individuals, and all other persons with whom the Excluded Individuals reside.
- The Locked Room LTD. reserves the right, as its sole discretion and without prior notice, to amend, cancel, close, suspend or reinstate a Contest at any time and for any reason whatsoever. The Locked Room LTD. reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel or substitute any component of a prize for its cash value or a prize of approximately the same retail value. Prizes are non-transferable, must be accepted as awarded by The Locked Room LTD. and cannot be exchanged by a declared winner for cash or other substitutes.
- By entering the Contest, each entrance agrees to abide by Contest rules, which are subject to change without notice to Contest entrants, individually, and each entrant releases The Locked Room LTD., its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents and advertising and promotional agencies, from any damage, loss or liability suffered as a result of or arising from the entrant’s participation of a Contest or the use of any prize.
- The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest and these Contest rules shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Calgary, Alberta. Any dispute shall be adjudicated in the courts sitting in Calgary, Alberta.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provisions of these Contest rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision.
- PUBLICITY. By entering a Contest, you consent to The Locked Room LTD’s use of your name, city of residence, photograph, voice, statement and image for publicity purposes.
- Any attempt to tamper with the entry process, interfere with these Contest rules, deliberately damage any website or undermine the administration, security or legitimate operation of the Contest, is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and The Locked Room LTD. reserves the right to seek damages and/or other relief from all person responsible for such acts to the fullest extent permitted by law, which may include banning or disqualifying entrance from this and future THE Locked Room TLD. Contests.
- The Locked Room LTD. assumes no responsibility for; entries lost, stolen, late, delayed, damaged, illegible, incomplete, or for the failure, interruption or delay of email or other communication to be received, for any reason; problems with the function of any website or website feature howsoever caused; the malfunction of, or damage caused to, any telephone network or lines, computer equipment, data or software, online systems, servers or access providers; any functionality lost due to not having cookies enabled; traffic congestion on the Internet or on the phone lines; the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks; or the breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer “hackers”.